Dancers from the Orlando Chapter of USA Dance will perform Latin dances like Salsa, Bachata, ChaCha, Merengue, Rumba, Bolero, Tango, Samba, Latin Hustle, and more; plus interactive mini-lessons.
The Orlando Chapter of USA Dance is an all-volunteer non-profit organization to promote Ballroom Dancing and its social, physical, and health benefits. We define "Ballroom Dancing" to include all the partner, lead-and-follow dances (Smooth, Latin, Swing, and Country). USA Dance has 150 chapters and 12,000 members around the country. The Orlando Chapter is one of the largest and most active chapters, serving Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties
Our activities include:
(1) Monthly ballroom dance parties
(2) Outreach dance exhibitions for the community, at schools, malls, senior centers, festivals, nursing homes, non-profit organizations' fundraisers, etc.
(3) Financial aid to youth dancers and school dance groups.
(4) Low-cost all-amateur dance competitions.
(5) Bimonthly Orlando-area dance newsletter.
(6) Fund-raising dance events to benefit charities/non-profit orgs.
(7) Co-sponsor with City of Alt Springs, of Ballroom Dance Classes for Special Needs population (Autistic spectrum, Down Syndrome, etc.).
(8) Co-sponsor with Lighthouse of Central FL, of ballroom dance classes for visually-impaired population in Orlando.
(9) Co-sponsor with Get Active Orlando, of ballroom dance classes for disadvantaged youth in Orlando.
(10) Sponsor of ballroom dance classes for early-onset Alzheimer's patients
(11) Provider of information (an unbiased information resource) about where to dance, dance studios and instructors and group lessons, and special dance events.